TEMPORARY HOME PAGE DURING PANDEMIC
Welcome Back from GREVILLE SMYTH COMMUNITY BOWLS CLUB
We are opening for the 2021 season on Good Friday, 2nd of April at 1:30
For lockdown we have removed our standard website and replaced it with this important notice.
Lockdown rules mean that we will reopen the green on a similar limited basis as that of last year. Bowling will be restricted to 6 people per rink with an advanced booking made on-line by a member.
Please note that all memberships need to be renewed again for this season before playing, and hence bookings will not be possible until payment is received for membership in 2021.
Membership for a year remains at £20. In order to sign up for membership or renew your membership, please download the membership form here, fill it out and email the completed form (scan or photo is acceptable too) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the same time you will need to arrange payment of £20 by Bank Transfer to Greville Smyth Community Bowls Club, National Westminster, Acc: No 88607356, Sort Code: 52-10-00
When we have received your membership form and payment, we will send out an email confirmation and guidance on how to book.
Please note that our Membership Secretary (we are all volunteers and also work) is only able to process memberships on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Advance Bookings of rinks must be made in order to bowl, no drop-ins or casual turn-ups are currently allowed. Bookings are for a 90 minute session and green fees are payable upon arrival with contactless / card.
Rink fees remain £3 per member per session, £5 for non members, and under 18s free with paying member (accompanied by an adult with caring responsibilities.)
The bar is currently closed, so feel free to bring your own drinks, however, please bring a bag so that you can take all empties and rubbish with you when you leave. We will open the bar again soon, when restrictions allow.
The following website will be used to control bookings:
We will be open for bookings on Wednesday and Thursday evenings (6pm – dusk), Saturday Afternoon (1:30pm – 4:30pm), and Sunday afternoon (3pm – 6pm)
We hope to see you back on the green soon. Below is the full club guidance on operation during the pandemic, please familiarise yourself with it before before coming to bowl.
GSCBC COVID-19 – Key Points from Bowls England guidance
Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature. Use the NHS 111 website or helpline and seek advice. For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be maintained (except if from the same household / bubble). You must stick to your own booked rink. No more than one person in the container at any one time.
- Gate at Frayne Rd end to be kept locked. Only the Pavilion gate to be used and kept locked. Only unlocked to admit Openers and those members who have booked a rink. This can be checked via the Fastcourts booking system.
- Booking is restricted to 2021 registered members only.
- The green will open initially on Sat/ Sunday pm and Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- No more than 2 members to use the clubhouse at one time.
- Membership may be completed via the website. Follow guidance on the website. Gscbc.org.uk.
- The club house will remain closed except to access the toilets or bowling gear. The kitchen will be out of bounds.
- The bar is currently shut.
- You should not use scoreboards or chalk and you should not share jacks or mats (i.e. same person to place mat and jack throughout the game – use two jacks). Measures will not be supplied and any personal ones must not be shared.
- We will have 4 rinks available to book
- Rinks must be booked for using the Fastcourts booking system – details will be sent to all members with a copy of this guidance to enable them to book.
- Please do not turn up to play unless you received a confirmation email from the FastCourts system.
- You should leave prior to the end of your booked session to allow time to clean equipment and minimise cross-over of people at the club.
- Matts and jacks must be cleaned after play. Sanitiser will be left at the container for each person to clean their bowls, mat and jack.
- It is recommended you use gloves during and after play.
- No rubbish bins will be provided, all rubbish to be taken away by individuals, volunteers will not be dealing with rubbish – except paper towels and cleaning products used in cleaning and drying of hands in the toilets.
- All payments will be taken using contactless card transactions (via the Square system in the clubhouse). No cash will be taken at this time.
- Sanitisers will be available.
- There is anti-virus spray in the shed. Please spray the mats and jacks after play and return to the shed.
- There are anti-virus bottles in the toilets, please wipe any surfaces you have touched before leaving.