GREVILLE SMYTH COMMUNITY BOWLS CLUB TEMPORARY HOME PAGE
Given the current circumstances we have removed our standard website to be replaced by this holding page.
Recent changes in lockdown rules mean that we are now able to reopen the green on a limited basis. Bowling will be restricted to 6 per rink with an advanced booking made by a member.
Membership for a year remains at £20. In order to rejoin please download the membership form here, and then fill it out and send payment to the following….
Bank transfer to:- Greville Smyth Community Bowls Club National Westminster, Acc: No 88607356, Sort Code: 52-10-00.
Once you have paid please email the completed form (scan or photo is acceptable) to email@example.com
Upon receiving this we will send out an email confirmation and guidance on how to book.
Advance Bookings must be made in order to bowl, no drop-ins allowed.
The following website will be used to control bookings:
We will be open for bookings on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
We hope to see you back on the green soon. Below is the full club guidance, please familiarise yourself with it, before before coming to bowl.
GSCBC COVID-19 Key Points from Bowls England guidance
Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature. Use the NHS 111 website or helpline and seek advice. For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups
- Social distancing of 1 metre plus must be maintained (except if from the same household). Must stick to your own booked rink. No more than one person in the container at any one time.
- Gate at Frayne Rd end to be kept locked. Only the Pavilion gate to be used and kept locked. Only unlocked to admit Openers and those members who have booked a rink. This can be checked via the Fastcourts booking system.
- Booking is restricted to 2020 registered members only.
- The green will open initially on Sat/ Sunday pm and Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- No more than 2 members to use the clubhouse at one time.
- Membership may be completed via the website. Follow guidance on the website. Gscbc.org.uk.
- The club house will remain closed except to access the toilets or bowling gear. The kitchen will be out of bounds.
- The bar is now open but only for ‘take out’ onto the green, no drinking inside. If you wish to bring drink from outside then GSCBC welcomes donations for corkage.
- You should not use scoreboards or chalk and you should not share jacks or mats (i.e. same person to place mat and jack throughout the game – use two jacks). Measures will not be supplied and any personal ones must not be shared.
- We will have 5-6 rinks available.
- Rinks must be booked for using the Fastcourts booking system – details will be sent to all members with a copy of this guidance to enable them to book.
- Please do not turn up to play unless you received a confirmation email from the FastCourts system.
- You should leave prior to the end of your booked session to allow time to clean equipment and minimise cross-over of people at the club.
- Matts and jacks must be cleaned after play. Sanitizer will be left at the container for each person to clean their bowls, matt and Jack.
- It is recommended you use gloves during and after play.
- No rubbish bins will be provided, all rubbish to be taken away by individuals, volunteers will not be dealing with rubbish – except paper towels and cleaning products used in cleaning and drying of hands in the toilets.
- All payments will be taken using contactless card transactions (via the Square system in the clubhouse). No cash will be taken at this time.
- Sanitizers will be available.
- There is anti-virus spray in the shed. Please spray the mats and jacks after play and return to the shed.
- There are anti-virus bottles in the toilets, please wipe any surfaces you have touched before leaving.